A day in Oceans (Year 2, 3 & 4)
Need to know:
- Times-tables are really important - help your child by practicing them using RockStar Times Tables or other online apps or games.
- All children need a pair of indoor shoes, wellies and a pair of dark trainers for the daily mile and outdoor time.
- Please make sure your child is in school, and on time, every day.
- Home learning will go out on Fridays and the children will share it on Wednesday mornings
Key things to know about Year 2
- The children will do PE every Tuesday, please make sure your child has a PE kit in school
- Children need to have a full set of clothes (including socks and underwear)
- Children need to have their book bag at school every day (please write in your child’s reading record when you read with them at home)
Key things to know about Year 3 and 4
- Every Monday we will all walk to the sports centre. Year 3 will do swimming and Year 4 sports. Therefore on Mondays children should come to school wearing their PE kit for the day.
- Please make sure you child has a substantial healthy snack every day - our lunch isn’t until 1pm
- Children can use their own rucksack and need to bring in their reading book and log everyday.
Our Daily Routine
Your child will be invited into school from the gate in the playground by a member of the team at 8.25. If you have any messages for your child’s key person the team member at the gate can pass that on for you, or answer any quick questions. The doors will close at 8.30 so that we can make a snappy start to our day. At the end of the day please wait in the same playground to collect your child. School is open from 8.25 – 2.45 every day except Wednesday when we finish at 2.30.
8.25: Doors open, morning activity
8.30: Key group time
9.00: Whole School Gathering
9.10: Daily Mile
11.30- 1.30: Outdoor PDR, Lunch, Maths fluency and Daily Reading
13.30: Theme / RE (Mass on Wednesday)
14.30: Story time
14.45: School finishes (2.30 Wednesdays)
Year 3/4s go to swimming and sports on Monday mornings.
Year 2s have enrichment activities on Tuesday mornings (this includes PE, History & Music)
You will need
Uniform (see our Information section)
Ruck sack or bag to carry your things safely too and from school
Reading book, reading log and maths practice book should be in school every day
Drinks bottle (water only)
Daily healthy snack
Swimming Bag (Year 3) containing:
- Swimming costume or trunks
- Swimming cap